Dear FISH list members,

I'm very pleased to let you know that the 'attending' membership of the
forum (representing organisations that are active in developing standards
for the heritage community, and which are able to attend face-to-face
meetings to plan the work of the forum)  has been expanded to include
representatives from all regions of the UK and the Irish Republic. A first
meeting of the 'attending' members is planned for 18th July in London.

This meeting represents the culmination of a six month period of development
of FISH from its original roots as FISHEN, and I am most grateful to the
colleagues from Wales, Scotland, the Republic of Ireland and Northern
Ireland who have made time available for this meeting.

In the weeks leading up to that meeting, can I urge all members of the FISH
list to take part in a discussion of the priority areas and future
directions of the new forum - I'll be posting some items for discussion next
week, and inviting new subscribers from associated lists to join the debate.
But don't wait for me - let the list know what areas we need to address now!

In the meantime, though, can I ask for some more immediate help? We need a
venue for our meeting in London. Unfortunately on the dates that suited the
attending members all English Heritage conference facilities were booked. If
your organisation is based in or around central London, and has a conference
or meeting room suitable for about 20-25 people available all day on 18th
July, I'd very much like to hear from you. A budget is available to cover
costs.

If you can help. please send me details of location, facilities available
and any cost as soon as possible.

Thanks everyone,

Edmund Lee
FISH Co-ordinator

Tel 01793 414791
Fax 01793 414770

Find out more about 'FISH'
the Forum on Information Standards in Heritage
at its homepage at www.mda.org.uk/fish or its
email discussion group at www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/fish/