From: Isabel Holroyd [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2001 10:56 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: New terms in the RCHME Periods list

        Hi to everyone

        Does the group think it would be useful for us to have a (brief?)
discussion concerning exactly what our criteria for designating a 'Period'
term are? If it were possible to work-up a set of accepted criteria it might
make period term submission/consideration an easier and more communally
understood procedure. Perhaps different 'classes' of period term could be
designated - those that are definitely archaeological in character, those
that are purely historical but useful for reference etc?

        Just a thought - what do others think?

        Regards

        Isabel Holroyd

This message is from:

Isabel M Holroyd
Chief Bibliographer & Editor
The British & Irish Archaeological Bibliography (BIAB)
The British Academy
10 Carlton House Terrace
London   SW1Y 5AH

Telephone number (direct): 0207 969 5223
Telephone number (switchboard): 0207 969 5200
Fax (shared): 0207 969 5300
Internet: http://www.britarch.ac.uk/biab

To reply to all BIAB staff please use the following e-mail address:

Thank you.