What are the best books on cinema?
You decide…

To celebrate 21 years of bfi Publishing we are asking you what are your top
reads on cinema and giving away prizes!

It could be history, a director study, a theoretical tome, a text book
whatever you like.  Any book by any publisher published in the last 21
years (1980 to the present) qualifies excluding screenplays, interviews and
autobiographies and memoirs.

We don’t want self-promoting tie-ins nor do we want the vote to be swayed
by favourite films and directors.  We want votes for books.  Ground
breaking, well-written, enjoyable, weighty, cinephile books you would
recommend to your friends.  And would like to salute.

Just nominate your top 3 books in order and if your selection matches the
overall result of the poll and is pulled out of the hat then we will send
you a multiplex of goodies, including books (of course), videos and a
year’s subscription to Sight and Sound magazine.

Vote by sending us an e-mail or a postcard with your nominations written on
the back or using our on-line order form on our Website
www.bfi.org.uk/books/21, where you can also find out more information on
our 21st birthday celebrations, including special discounts and promotions
in book shops.

Poll closes 31st August and results to be announced mid-September on the
bfi Website.