Dear Colleagues at Film-Philosophy Salon,

As a new subscriber (2 weeks, I think) to your e-Salon, imagine my surprise
to see the following text appear on my screen... from me! Frankly, I only
recall writing this for the Deleuze-Guattari Listserv several years ago,
for general consumption of that readership. I am writing to ask what
prompted you to include this in your Salon. I am actually rather flattered
that you have included it, but please understand that I do not recall at
all ever having sent you the message below. That does not mean I did not
send it, of course -- I find more and more that I have these peculiar
lapses of recall that I am just learning to live with, even to enjoy. In
any event, I am glad to see this rant appear again! Thank you,
Charles J. Stivale