Sabir,

My example was done as a quick test 4 years ago and most packages are now
able to get within 5%.
I have more severe example which approximate some of our problems better,
but this simple problem has been tested on several systems.

OD= 85mm  ID=6  CrossHoleDia=24 filletRad=2  Symm X,Y and Z   H=50
Press=200MPa  :  Stress MaxPrinc  MPa

Boundary Element and ProMech got within 1%  (tho' the latest Mechanica
default settings give -2%)

I have mainly looked at automated meshing as a guide to what a designer can
expect.

Procision, gives the worst results, even with iterative solution technique.
(even worse than the -21% given by the DesignSpace5 worst setting)

Regards
John
John Milroy
Woodward Diesel Systems
(was Lucas Bryce, then Delphi Diesel Systems)
                           Fax     +44 ( 0) 1242 27 7277
Hatherley Lane,            Switchboard Tel 01242 27 7000
CHELTENHAM,                W J Milroy  Tel 01242 27 7149
Glos.     ENGLAND   EMail [log in to unmask]
GL51 0EU               NOTE TEMPORARY ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer.