OK the data was sent as a large attachment and not in a specific British standard.
SO WHAT, it is very good of them to let the data out and we can all have fun in predicting the ultimate load. Maybe just maybe we can all learn from this exercise, albeit some hard lessons as to how good we are. I have found over the last few years a tendence to score points, especially upon irrelevant points. My comment is you are not being the big super engineer, the good engineers get on and solve the problem using economical  design both financially and material wise methods.

Let some more of our research/lecture members have the "bootle" to host such an exercise. I am sure there will plenty of practising (non i dotting and t crossing) engineers have some fun.

Alex Carson
Principal Engineer
Babtie Group
Telford UK

---
This email was sent from an email address under the control of Babtie Group Ltd, a company registered in Scotland, registration number SC141100 and having its registered office at 95 Bothwell Street, Glasgow - known hereafter as the Company.

Privileged / confidential information may be contained in this message. If you have received this email in error, please destroy all copies in your possession or control and kindly notify the sender by reply email. The addressee (or individual responsible for delivery of the message to such person) may not forward, disclose or copy this email to any third party without the prior consent of the Company. Furthermore, the Company does not accept liability for any changes made to this email after it was sent.  Please advise immediately if you or your employer do not consent to Internet email for messages of this kind.

Unless explicitly stated to the contrary the views expressed in this email are personal to the individual sending the email and do not represent the views of the Company.

The Company reserves the right to monitor e-mail sent to or from email addresses under the control of Babtie Group Ltd