Dear colleagues,
I started to deal with the problems regarding the measuring the creep movement in the hard rocks which form the subgrade of some historic structures in Slovakia. The data we gain suffer from uncertainities caused by thermal dilatancy of the measuring device and volume change  (thermal dilatancy of the rocks) of the hard rock due to thermal, daily and seasonal temperature changes. It is necessary to filtrate these phenomena in order to get real data indicating creep rate. Did somebody dealt with this problem ?. I would be very grateful for any recommendations. I studied creep movements in Japan and at home in Slovakia and till now I do not find any relevant sources  how to estimate the thermal dilatancy of hard rocks. Thanks for any valuable information.

Thank you in advance and looking forward to hear from you soon

Jan Vlcko
Department of Engineering Geology
Faculty of Natural Sciences
84215 Bratislava