Dear Kyuhwan
I think in every soil stabilization research, you should try to model
the conditions of real field problem in the lab. all test condotions
should be model of real problem in the site. If the soil in the field is
under water , then you should cure it under water. for the method of
prepration, see how you want to prepare the mixing in the field ,
then try to do a similar work in the lab. thouth we always have
some limitations in the lab .
About the cement percent, I think the values given in the books are
only guidelines and are for use in the unimportant projects. The
percent of additive is related to the result you want from the
stabilization work. Various additive percents have various effects on
the engineering properties of soil and you should choose the
additive percent due to your purpose.

Regards
  Siavash Ghabezloo

On 8 Mar 01, at 17:57, À̱Ôȯ wrote:

Deal all
I am studying on the behaviour of cement-treated soil and modeling work of bonded soil, especially cement-treated clay. For the lab test condition, I assumed that deep mixing works is going in the marine clay.
>>I did the lab tests to get the mechanical properties of cement treated soil, for these I applied pure kaolin and Portland cement with water content (70, 100%) and cement ratio (2, 5, 10%). I used under water curing instead of humid curing method, but almost all curing method done by other
authors are humid curing method. I found that sample preparation was very difficult, because the mixing soil cement sample change to the stick state if the cement ratio higher than 10%.  Below 10% cement ratio, the effect of cement as a stabilizing agent was not favorable.

My questions are

1.Sample preparation method for soil cement mixing sample, especially clay + cement.
2.What is difference between under water curing and humid curing?
3.What is the real cement ratio usually applied in the real fieldwork?

Please let me know if you have any other ideas and have experience,

Good Luck

Kyuhwan Lee

Senior Research Associate
Building and Construction Engineering Department
City University of Hong Kong
Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon
Hong Kong

(O):  852-2194-2905