Dear Members of Mailbase

I did the UCS test using cement-treated Kaolin. For the sample preparation I used humidity room with 96% relative humidity.The humidity room temperature was 22 degree. The sample condition was 2, 5 and 10% cement ratio with 70% water contents.  Before I did the tests I checked the volume change and shrinkage of samples.  The volume change of 2% cement ratio was lager than the 5 and 10% cement ratio. Even though I observed cracks on the surface of 2% cement ratio.
I wonder why small cement ratio makes a larger shrinkage than high cement ratio. Would you please let me know it if you have any information on them.

Best regards

Kyuhwan Lee

Senior Research Associate
Building and Construction Engineering Department
City University of Hong Kong
Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon
Hong Kong

(O):  852-2194-2905