Dear All

Firstly, apologies for any cross-posting but I need a large number of
people to help.

Two colleagues and I are looking into the precision of estimating Joint
Roughness Coefficient (JRC) by visual comparison with standard profiles.
In order to carry out the study, we need to collect results of visual
estimation of JRC from a large number of people. To do this, we have
created an on-line survey which can be found at
http://www.ex.ac.uk/~ajbeer/geomechanics/jrctest.htm

We would be most grateful if you could spare a minute or two to complete
the survey for us. There are five joint profiles to be assessed
(randomly selected from 46) so it shouldn't take too long. Don't worry
if you haven't done it before, as effect of level of experience is one
of the things we're looking at. Full instructions for doing the survey
are given on the website.

Thank you for your help.

Adam J. Beer
Camborne School of Mines

PS Those of you with longish memories will remember the previous pilot