Dear All,

Please see below an advertisement for the new post of part time Disability
Adviser at the University of Wolverhampton.

Although this is currently being advertised as 18.5 hours per week, we are
currently in discussion with John Goodacre at Hereward College to establish
a partnership agreement, which should allow the hours available to be
increased to full time.  We have not yet officially finalised these details,
but it is likely that the post holder would work 18.5 hours here at the
University of Wolverhampton and 18.5 hours at Hereward College in Coventry.
People who are only able to work half time hours are, of course, still
welcome to apply.

The job description is attached for your information.  Please contact our
Personnel Services department as detailed below if you would like to apply
or contact me with any informal enquiries.

Best wishes,
Cindy

Marketing, Counselling and Guidance
Student Enabling Centre
Disability Adviser
£20176 - £21517 pa pro rata

The University of Wolverhampton is developing a Student Enabling Centre,
which will ultimately make available high quality, co-ordinated support
services to all disabled students at the University.  You will provide needs
assessments, advice and support to disabled students (excluding deaf and
dyslexic students).  You will be educated to degree level and hold a
postgraduate qualification in disability studies or have equivalent
experience.  You will also have at least two years’ experience of working
with students with a variety of impairments and experience of carrying out
needs assessments in either FE or HE.  Excellent administrative,
organisational, IT and communication skills are essential.  An understanding
of the barriers facing disabled students and knowledge of the equipment and
support available to them is also required.  Experience of working in HE and
basic counselling skills would be an advantage.  This is a part-time,
temporary two year post in the first instance, although additional hours per
week may be made available as a result of collaborative links currently
being negotiated.  Ref A2747

For detailed further particulars and an application form (returnable by 3rd
August 2001) and quoting the reference number, contact the Personnel
Services Department, University of Wolverhampton, Molineux Street,
Wolverhampton, WV1 1SB.   Tel: 01902 321049 (ansaphone).  For hearing
impaired candidates our minicom number is 01902 321249.  Email address:
[log in to unmask]  Visit our website at http://www.wlv.ac.uk/
The University is eager to attract larger numbers of applications from
groups of people currently under-represented in the staff population,
especially from women and people from ethnic minority groups.

Cindy Williams-Findlay
Student Enabling Centre Manager
Department of Marketing, Counselling and Guidance
Room MR116
University of Wolverhampton
183 Stafford Street
Wolverhampton
WV1 1SB
Telephone (01902) 322457
Fax (01902) 322099
E-mail [log in to unmask]
Minicom not yet available as I am visually impaired