Can anyone advise how to convert from desk-top publisher format to Word or
other electronic format that can be read using a screen reader.  We would
prefer to avoid having to scan and proof-read the various internal
publications that are given to new students during induction week.

I understand that Acrobat 5 can convert from pdf to rtf.  Does anyone have
experience of this, and would rtf be suitable for reading via a screen
reader?

Also, how can information from tables be presented to facilitate access in
other formats?  (eg our Fresher Guide has sample weekly income and
expenditure charts to assist students with budgeting).

Thanks,
Clare

Clare Davies
Senior Student Guidance Officer