Hi Margaret

If you cannot get the job done at a suitable price, you may wish to
consider a partial audit followed by some training for college staff.

We had what we considered to be the 'tricky' bits done professionally and,
after the auditor (from Centre for Accessible Environments) provided
training, we carried out a priority audit of the remainder of the campus
ourselves.  Our audit 'team' included the Head of Accommodation & Campus
Services - who reports to those who hold the purse strings.  This has
worked well for us so far and we are (relatively) optimistic about future
developments.

Regards

Peter Hill

"[log in to unmask]" wrote:

> We are just in the process of receiving tenders for an Access Audit.
> The price seems very high and I have been asked to find out if this is
> reasonable, whilst maintaining some confidentiality. If anyone could
> tell me what their Institution has paid recently for an Audit,
> privately via email, I would be grateful.
>
> Margaret Scott
> Disability Adviser
> Canterbury Christ Church University College
> Telephone and textphone: 01227 782842-------------------

Peter Hill

Disability Coordinator
University College Worcester