hi Margaret
backing up what James said.
largely you get what you pay for.
on the whole auditors tend to charge roughly the same daily rate however
there will be big differences in what you get  if you just ask for "an
access audit"
are auditors visiting every building or just sampling similar buildings.
how extensive will their report be,
will they present their finding to you or will the report just be paper
based,
will they outline a possible plan to resolve issues found or is it simply a
catalogue of problems found.
will they illustrate their findings with photos etc,
do they have a qualification,
have they given you references, and have they been followed up.
how many of them actually visited the site before submitting their tender
(you'd be surprised how many put a price on a job without ever seeing the
site).

Adrian Higginbotham,
SURFACE
Salford University, Research Focus on AcCessible Environments.
E-mail [log in to unmask]
tel: 0161-2954939
fax: 0161-2955011

web: http://www.scpm.salford.ac.uk/surface/