apologies for any cross-posting

forwarded to the list by Robin Dale

> The December, 2001 issue of RLG DigiNews is now available at
>
> http://www.rlg.org/preserv/diginews/
>       (from North American, and other world sites) or
>
> http://www.rlg.ac.uk/preserv/diginews/
>       (from UK Janet sites) or
>
> http://www.ohio.rlg.org/preserv/diginews/
>       (from most European sites)
>

> The December 2001 issue includes:
>
> Volume 5, Number 6
>
> Editor's Interview:
>    Collaboration of RLG/OCLC With Digital Archiving Initiatives,
>      an Interview with Robin Dale and Meg Bellinger
> Feature Article
>    Emulation vs. Migration: Do Users Care?, by Margaret Hedstrom
>      and Clifford Lampe
> Highlighted Web Site - eXtensible Name Service
> FAQ - Image Search Engines
>

> RLG DigiNews is a bimonthly web-based newsletter intended to:
>
>   *  Focus on issues of particular interest and value to managers of
>      digital initiatives with a preservation component or rationale.
>   *  Provide filtered guidance and pointers to relevant projects to improve
>      our awareness of evolving practices in image conversion and digital
>      preservation.
>   *  Announce publications (in any form) that will help staff attain a
>      deeper understanding of digital issues.
>

> For more information about RLG or RLG's preservation community,
> please contact Robin Dale ([log in to unmask]).
>

> Robin L. Dale
> RLG Member Programs & Initiatives
> 1200 Villa Street
> Mountain View, CA  94041-1100
>
> Ph: (650) 691-2238
> Fax:  650.964.0943
> Email: [log in to unmask]

*******
Neil Beagrie                         JISC Digital Preservation Focus
Assistant Director                Secretary, Digital Preservation Coalition
JISC London Office,              Tel/Fax/Voicemail :+44 (0)709 2048179
King's College London          email:       [log in to unmask]
Strand Bridge House            url:
www.jisc.ac.uk/dner/preservation/
138 - 142, The Strand,          email list:
www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/digital-preservation
London WC2R 1HH

*******