This press release was published by the Central Office of Information
today.

FREEDOM OF INFORMATION: FIRM TIMETABLE ALLOWS CLEAR PLANNING

Following today's announcement by the Lord Chancellor of the
timetable for implementing the Freedom Of Information Act, Elizabeth
France, Information Commissioner said, "I very much welcome the
announcement of a firm timetable. It puts an end to uncertainty about
the timing for bringing into force the provisions of the Act. This
now gives public authorities time to plan for the build up to full
implementation and to ensure that they do it well."

The Commissioner also announced plans to publish initial guidance on
publication schemes early in the New Year. Elizabeth France
continued: "I am pleased that the announcement now allows me to
direct my Office's resources to meeting the timetable. I look forward
to working with public authorities and their representative
organisations as they prepare to comply with the legislation. I shall
be encouraging them to prepare well in advance and to start work
towards fulfilling their obligations as quickly as possible."

--ends-

This email is confidential and should not be used by anyone who is not
the original intended recipient. Prudential cannot accept liability for
statements made which are clearly the sender's own and not made on
behalf of the Prudential. In addition no statement should be construed
as giving investment advice within or outside the United Kingdom.

An e-mail reply to this address may be subject to interception or
monitoring for operational reasons or for lawful business practices.

            All user commands can be found at : -
    www.jiscmail.ac.uk/user-manual/summary-user-commands.htm
all commands go to [log in to unmask] not the list please!