From: Alison Aiton [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, 28 September 2001 08:30
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: OIC website

At 15:43 27/09/01, you wrote:

>I agree with everything Matthew says and feel it bodes ill in the
>light of the earlier discussion today about government e-access
>inititiatives.

In fact, almost any central government site is unintuitive and slow - or
makes your browser crash. Conspiracy theorists could have a field day.
And if anyone can tell me a fast way to find where in the Child Support
Regulations it says the CSA has a right to be supplied with information
about a data subject's address, I'd be forever grateful. [NB we are not a
public authority.]

Cheers
Alison

Alison Aiton, Scottish Middleware Project
IT Services, College Gate, University of St Andrews
01334 463528
http://www.gla.ac.uk/scotmid/

            All user commands can be found at : -
    www.jiscmail.ac.uk/user-manual/summary-user-commands.htm
all commands go to [log in to unmask] not the list please!

The information transmitted is intended only
for the person to whom it is addressed and may
contain confidential and/or privileged material.
If you have received this email in error please
notify the Council - see
http://www.east-ayrshire.gov.uk or email
[log in to unmask] - and then
delete all copies of it from your systems.

Any use of, or any action relying upon, this
information by persons other than the intended
recipient is prohibited.

Although East Ayrshire Council scans incoming
and outgoing emails and email attachments for
viruses we cannot guarantee this communication
to be free of all viruses nor accept any
responsibility for viruses.

Although East Ayrshire Council monitors incoming
and outgoing emails for inappropriate content,
the Council cannot be held responsible for the
views or expressions of the author.

The views expressed may not necessarily be those
of East Ayrshire Council and the Council cannot
be held responsible for any loss or injury
resulting from the contents of this message.