From: Broom, Doreen [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 28 March 2001 11:36
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Transitional Exemption

Can anyone help?
I received a SAR quite some time ago and provided what I thought was all the
personal information.  As I work with a local authority and have DPLOs
sometimes things can be missed (not intentionally).  This person received
letters in the SAR (copies of letters he had already received) before his
SAR and would know exactly what they were.  Do I have to explain letters to
him?  He has sent in a letter complaiing to me to explain them but he knows
exactly what they are.  This is his second letter of complaint (2 page
letter)  Do I have to explain codes & abbreviations prior to October 1998?
To be quite honest, how much time do we have to spend on SARs as this
request has considerably gone beyond the allocated £10 fee and basically the
person knows what he is doing - he knows what the codes mean etc ...I have
already had one letter of complaint from him and sent other information
which we had not known existed at the time of the original request.
This person works in the computer section and has several User UIds -
dependent on which system he is using - do we have to provid these as these
he uses every day in the course of his work.  Please can someone come up
with any ideas?
Doreen Broom
Data Administrator
Scottish Borders Council
Council HQ
Newtown St.Boswells
Melrose
Borders  TD6 0SA

Tel: 01835 824000

This e-mail is privileged, confidential and subject to copyright.
Any unauthorised use or disclosure of its contents is prohibited.
The views expressed in this communication may not necessarily
be the views held by the Scottish Borders Council.

            All user commands can be found at : -
    www.jiscmail.ac.uk/user-manual/summary-user-commands.htm
all commands go to [log in to unmask] not the list please!