To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2001 10:39 AM
Subject: Can you give advice on this?

Richard,

Can you advise me on the following hypothetical situation

Suppose the head teacher of a primary school, went into the classroom after
lunch and told a particular child (age 9/10) that they were going to be
suspended from the school, at lunch times, because of their behaviour.
Suppose also that the head listed a number of offences that the child had
committed and the class teacher also listed a few other incidents that the
child had been involved in. All this taking place in front of the whole
class, and before the parents had been informed of the intended suspension.

How would this be viewed in general, and with the Data Protection Act in
general?

Richard Howley
Academic Manager
FTMS/De Montfort University Campus (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd
De Montfort University
Leicester
LE1 9BH

email: [log in to unmask]
tel: +44 (0)1162 551 551
fax: +44 (0)116 254 1891
tel (mobile): 07951 084 593
http://www.cse.dmu.ac.uk/~rgh
http://www.dmu.ac.uk

            All user commands can be found at : -
    www.jiscmail.ac.uk/user-manual/summary-user-commands.htm
all commands go to [log in to unmask] not the list please!