Paul Couldrey wrote: <<...so once the tapes are in the US what protection do
I have as an ASDA shopper??  Could I soon see myself on a tacky CCTV show in
the US showing how picky red headed brits are when choosing their bread?>>
----------------
Paul

No.  You won't see yourself on some tacky US TV show.  Unless you have a very
good satellite dish or some tacky Brit TV company bought the rights for it.
I can't imagine us getting entertained by tacky CCTV footage shows, can you?

Seriously, though, if the system is registered for crime detection and
prevention, how are they going to use the images in civil cases like
shoplifting and recovery of the value of the goods and other costs?

In a similar fashion, how will councils and others be able to use car park
CCTV images to identify car park fee avoiders?  How will employers use CCTV
for disciplinary matters or contract compliance?

How big will the signs be that have all these purposes on them?

Ian Buckland
MD
Keep IT Legal Ltd

Please Note: The information contained in this document does not replace or
negate the need for proper legal advice and/or representation. It is
essential that you do not rely upon any advice given without contacting your
solicitor.  If you need further explanation of any points raised please
contact Keep I.T. Legal Ltd at the address below:

55 Curbar Curve
Inkersall, Chesterfield
Derbyshire  S43 3HP
(Reg 3822335)
Tel: 01246 473999
Fax: 01246 470742
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Website: www.keepitlegal.co.uk

            All user commands can be found at : -
    www.jiscmail.ac.uk/user-manual/summary-user-commands.htm
all commands go to [log in to unmask] not the list please!