I'd appreciate the views or experiences from anyone on the above topic.

We are in the process of developing our web site for interactive services, and
one of these is the planning consultation process, whereby planning applications
and related documents are published on the internet, and comments are invited on
them from members of the public.

The issues that occur to me are:

   if the details published are required to be made public by law, is the data
   subject's consent needed? (consent would be needed before publishing anything
   additional to this)
   is any authentication needed to confirm the identity of anyone making a
   comment on the planning application? - the possible disclosures of these
   comments may be should be made clear to the person providing them
   the need to inform the planning applicant of the likely disclosures,
   including publication on the internet
   possible problems with copyright resulting from publishing plans, drawings
   etc.

Your comments will be very welcome.

Regards,

Ruth