** Reply to note from Mitchell Alex <[log in to unmask]>         Wed, 31 Jan 2001 15:24:30 -0000

> ODPC guidance is:
> A Data Controller must comply with a subject access request promptly and in
> any event within 40 days of receipt of the request or, IF LATER, within 40
> days of receipt of:-
>
> 1. the information required to check the identity of the person making the
> request and to locate the information requested AND
>
> 2. the fee

I would go with the above and if there are delays I would not cash the
cheque.

Now if you really want to make it difficult for the person asking, how do
they prove they are the same person as the one for whom they are asking
information.

Charles

Charles Christacopoulos, Secretary's Office, University of Dundee,
Dundee DD1 4HN, Scotland, United Kingdom.
Tel: +44+(0)1382-344891. Fax: +44+(0)1382-201604.
http://somis.ais.dundee.ac.uk/
Scottish Search Maestro http://somis2.ais.dundee.ac.uk/