Just wondered if anyone would like to comment on the following scenario:

Individual rings up local constabulary to report an incident concerned with
criminal damage.  They provide their name, address and details of the incident and
are told to report any further incidents straight away (at which point a patrol car
will be sent out).

Approximately 4  weeks after the incident, individual receives a research
questionnaire addressed to 'The Occupier' which states 'Our records show that you
recently contacted the police about an incident of disorder or anti social
behaviour. The purpose of this questionnaire is to obtain your views about the
quality of the service you received from an officer who visited you shortly after
you reported the incident.  The questionnaire has been sent to a number of people
and is anonymous'.

At the end of a questionnaire is a tick box that states 'if you would like to take
part in further research do not forget to leave your name, address and telephone
number'.

I am sure that  the purpose of this research is to improve the service that the
police provide and perhaps I am either highly cynical, highly suspicious or just
can't get away from the world of data protection but I would be interested to know
if anyone has any thoughts on this (that's the above scenario, not my state of
mind)!

Thanks

Krissy Welsh