Nicola
I spoke to the IC's Office yesterday and in view of the Wakefield Court case
it was found that the Government were in fact acting illegally in that the
Assessor should inform people as to how their information is to be used
(which also contravenes the 1st Data Protection Principle).  An individual
has a right to be informed as to how their information should be used.
Form A states that it is for the purposes of Register of Electors and not
that the information will be sold on.
A Judicial Review by the House of Lords is to take place soon and it may be
that they will decide that the RoP Bill will have to ensure that individuals
are given the option to "opt-out" i.e. that their personal details will not
be sold on for commercial purposes.
I was also told by the IC's Office that things will be a little "messy"
until the Review has taken place - I wonder, where does that leave us all?
Doreen