                From:   Morton, Alison
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]
                Sent:   29 January 2001 10:49
                To:     [log in to unmask]
                Subject:        External Web Site - Submission of Complaints

                We are currently looking at providing an external web site
where members of
                the public/staff will be able to sumit complaints.
Obviously as we are a
                health care trust, these submissions may contain some
sensitive data.  The
                information provided will only be accessed by a restricted
number of people
                and be password protected.  We intend putting a statement
such as "The
                information you are submitting to this website will only be
accessed by the
                necessary personnel in order to deal with your complaint.
This information
                will not be used for any other purpose.  By clicking on the
"submit" button,
                you are consenting to this information being held by the
Trust ."

                Are there any data protection issues with this type of
complaint handling?

                Alison Morton