All
I have a wee problem here...an employee made a SAR in December 2000.
Anyway, at the time another staff member had lodged an official complaint
about him which resulted in an investigation - part of that investigation
included e-mails being opened and printed by the Line Manager.  Some of the
e-mails were correspondence with the TU rep which were not apparent to be of
a personal nature and anyway, the Council has an e-mail policy which states
that it is not to be used for personal e-mails.  I am of the view that he
should have written outwith work and not used the e-mail system which as we
all know is not secure.  We now have a generic e-mail address for the Union
but at that time we did not.  There may also have been third party
confidentiality issues at that time.  He now has a copy of the letter and
wants an explanation as to why he was not given it then.  I am of the
opinion that at that time it was an ongoing investigation...can you help?
There may be an issue as to legal advice being sought from a legal adviser.
I would be most grateful for any help here.
Doreen Broom
Data Administrator
Scottish Borders Council
Council HQ
Newtown St.Boswells
Melrose
Borders  TD6 0SA

Tel: 01835 826516
e-mail:  [log in to unmask]

This email is privileged, confidential and subject to copyright.
Any unauthorised use or disclosure of its content is prohibited.
The views expressed in this communication may not necessarily
be the views held by Scottish Borders Council

            All user commands can be found at : -
    www.jiscmail.ac.uk/user-manual/summary-user-commands.htm
all commands go to [log in to unmask] not the list please!