I presume that as it is a national initiative, local authority Social
Services departments are all participating in the On Track programme.  My
questions stem from an information paper put out (I think) by the Department
of Health which gives general info about funding and other issues, but also
covers information sharing.  They are saying that "it may be helpful for On
Track projects to register as single entities with the Data Protection
Commission (sic)."  Has anyone actually done this?  Do members think that
this statement is correct?  Does an On Track project constitute a legal
entity?  In view of recent exchanges on this network, is an On Track project
a joint data controller?  I would be grateful for responses and/or
suggestions how to proceed.

Stuart Lynch
the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com

            All user commands can be found at : -
    www.jiscmail.ac.uk/user-manual/summary-user-commands.htm
all commands go to [log in to unmask] not the list please!