        From:   Duncan Smith [SMTP:[log in to unmask]]
        Sent:   06 September 2001 11:59
        To:     [log in to unmask]
        Subject:        Caller Line Identification & Call centres

        Dear group,

        Scenario:  I operate a call centre and receive inbound calls
requesting
        information for my products and services. The telco system brings up
the
        callers telephone number (CLIP) which is input onto the contact
database
        by the tele-agent. The caller is never asked for their telephone no.

        Later follow up calls use the captured telephone number as part of
an
        outbound follow up campaign (after TPS screening of course :-))

        Is this unfair obtaining, or can we assume that the caller, by not
        exercising their right to remain anonymous (either by line blocking
or
        call blocking) has given us their telephone number freely?

        Duncan S Smith
        Principal Consultant

        e-mail: [log in to unmask]
        gsm: +44 (0)777 556 8180

        Company Profiles
        "The process of Improvement"
entity to
        material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use
of, or
        taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons
or
        entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.   If you
        material from any computer.

Norton
        Antivirus software for the presence of computer viruses.

        Company Profiles  Huntingdon UK +44(0)1480  461671

                    All user commands can be found at : -
            www.jiscmail.ac.uk/user-manual/summary-user-commands.htm
        all commands go to [log in to unmask] not the list please!

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and is intended
only for the named recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient you
must not copy, distribute, or take any action or reliance on it.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender.
Any unauthorised disclosure of the information contained in this e-mail
is strictly prohibited.