I follow your points regarding next of kin contacts etc.,, But this has
caused me to think laterally (not advisable in my case!) and I raise the
following issue. As a parent of a student at University, one of the
irritating  documents I had to sign made it clear that in the event of my
son not paying his halls of residence fees, I would be liable for the debt.
I take the point of such a request for additional funds being fruitless but
as a guarantor of my son's debt, am I not entitled to information concerning
the future of the college which the fund raising event is arguably about?

Martin Gibson
Data Protection Officer
Buckinghamshire County Council

**** Buckinghamshire County Council E-mail Disclaimer ****

to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient, the use of the information by disclosure, copying
or distribution is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have
received this email in error please notify the system manager
at [log in to unmask]

swept by MailSweeper for the presence of computer viruses.