Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 18:00:24 +0100
From: Reinhold Grether <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Internet Research Web Resource

Let me introduce an Internet Research web resource which
contains by now more than 2,500 links.
Netzwissenschaft http://www.netzwissenschaft.de/

It's a German language site, but with the following hints
everybody can use it.

A core feature are three pages which link to websites of
net.researchers http://www.netzwissenschaft.de/wiss.htm
net.artists http://www.netzwissenschaft.de/kuenst.htm
net.publicists http://www.netzwissenschaft.de/publ.htm

Don't miss the five pages which contain affiliations, research
interests and short "web bites" of the listed internet researchers.
Go for the researchers' second names:
A - E  http://www.netzwissenschaft.de/wiss1.htm
F - J  http://www.netzwissenschaft.de/wiss2.htm
K - M  http://www.netzwissenschaft.de/wiss3.htm
N - R http://www.netzwissenschaft.de/wiss4.htm
S - Z http://www.netzwissenschaft.de/wiss5.htm

You're an internet researcher, and not listed here? Sorry.
If you've a website with a little bit more on it than just your
name, please mail me the URL.

There are also lists of
institutes http://www.netzwissenschaft.de/inst.htm
and projects http://www.netzwissenschaft.de/proj.htm
that do professionalized internet research.

A lot of bibliographic stuff is online too. More than 500
book releases from 1999 to 2001 are listed with direct
links to the author's and book's homepages and to the
best book reviews. Look for
1999  http://www.netzwissenschaft.de/biblio/neu99.htm
2000  http://www.netzwissenschaft.de/biblio/neu00.htm
2001  http://www.netzwissenschaft.de/biblio/neu01.htm
You'd even find traditional bibliographies
for media anthropology 1995-1998
http://www.netzwissenschaft.de/biblio/medien.htm
and for global studies 1988-1994
http://www.netzwissenschaft.de/biblio/kultur.htm

Don't miss another page with a lot of links to very new
internet research essays, articles, and reviews:
Pool http://www.netzwissenschaft.de/sem/pool.htm

A smaller page about on- and offline journals:
Periodika  http://www.netzwissenschaft.de/period.htm

Look for conferences in 2001 on
http://www.netzwissenschaft.de/conf/konf01.htm

[Most of my own writings are in German, but not all.
Writings 1983-1996
http://www.netzwissenschaft.de/eig2.htm
Writings 1997-2000
http://www.netzwissenschaft.de/eig1.htm
My university course is about
net.literature, net.art, net.science
http://www.netzwissenschaft.de/sem.htm ]

I'm an internet researcher with Constance University, Germany.
My main interest lies in establishing net(work) science
(Netzwissenschaft) as an autonomous pillar of the science system.
Actually I'm researching what institutional forms the
emerging field of internet research applies.

Thank you for your attention and your help,
Reinhold Grether.
http://www.netzwissenschaft.de/

Distributed through Cyber-Society-Live [CSL]: CSL is a moderated discussion
list made up of people who are interested in the interdisciplinary academic
study of Cyber Society in all its manifestations.To join the list please visit:
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/cyber-society-live.html