I attended the last meeting of the British Standards BS 7988 "A code of practice for the use of IT in the delivery of assessments".  For those of you who don't know about it, the standard will set out principles and good practice in operational and technical aspects of delivering "high stakes" and other types of assessment.

John Kleeman of Question Mark is chairing this group and gave a presentation on it which will I am told be mounted on the CAA conference website at http://www.lboro.ac.uk/service/ltd/flicaa/conf2001/

If anyone would like the minutes of the last meeting, the BSI have given me permission to send them to members of the SIG so just email me back.

All the best and hope you're enjoying the "summer".
Niall.