Hi folks,

I've been having an email discussion with Steve Lay, Andy Heath and Niall
about the agenda for next weeks meetings, since they were all at the last
IMS QTI working group meeting and know all of the latest news and topics in
the area.

Perhaps it isn't a great idea to stick to the one topic for the whole
meeting - many people may not be interested in the topic and it would be a
waste of their time.  A suggestion is this:  I am providing a vague agenda
in this email, created by notes from the last meeting and anything which
Steve, Andy or Niall have mentioned, and I'd appreciate any comments,
additions or alterations which you feel should be made.  I am not going to
give these topics any time slices - it may be appropriate to do this
later on but perhaps it will be just as appropriate to discuss them until
they come to a natural end?

Andy suggested that it may be useful to have a discussion with those of us
who are developing systems using the QTI, to draw attention to problems,
implementation issues etc to the rest.  Is that okay with the developers?

Agenda:

1.  Last meeting - minutes/actions
2.  New faces - introduction
3.  Discussion forum -
    how it is working out
    what else it should be doing
    what should be discussed on it
4.  Date of next meeting - need to tie it down.
5.  Web Site - any other info required?

6.  Who is using the QTI?
        - what comments do you have?
        - what problems are you having?
        - can you discuss your architecture/framework for using it?
        - implementation issues for techies
        - other (perceived) business case studies
7.  Presentation issues
       - problems solved from last meeting?
       - other presentation issues
8.  Metadata
      - for assessments and results (what is the latest QTI work on
Metadata, and who was involved - has there been some movement since it was
discussed by Russell Almond on the Working Group discussion forum
Decemberish?)
9. Sequencing and selection
10.  Results storage
11.  Statistical Analyis - how is this being dealt with?

I realise that there are a lot of topics here - I think we should be fairly
flexible about when we discuss them and just do as much as we can.  Please
send  your comments (even if you are not attending the meeting!) to the
list.

Thanks!

Karen

--