        For those who may be interested in the sociocultural aspects of
Caribbean sport (one of my main interests), the following comes from
Terry Finisterre <[log in to unmask]>:

---------------------------

Apologies if you've received a similar email, but
we've updates at

        www.oecsathlete.com

it's now mainly track and field, as preparations continue for the
Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States Championships, plus Dominic
Johnson, Vernetta Lesforis and RonaldPromesse achieving world rankings.
We're looking forward to receiving an OECS performance list and merit
ranking sometime this week, so watch out for that as well.There's
volleyball as well, with St. Lucia's junior programme on stream, and
Maxim Auguste playing in the US Open. there's more to come, with
results from the VitaMalt National League. Check out

        www.caribbeansports.com

for the latest in rugby, boxing, netball and cricket.

As usual, everyone is invited to use material from www.oecsathlete.com,
but we work hard to get these stories. Please ensure that the site is
credited wherever you're using our material. Also, feel free to
contribute to the site, let us know what's happening in your respective
territories. Original stories will, of course, be carried with the
author's by-line.

Guidance,

Terry

Michael Malec                 E-mail:  [log in to unmask]
Department of Sociology       WWW:  http://www2.bc.edu/~malec
Boston College                Ph:  (617) 552-4131
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467       Fx:  (617) 552-4283