I would prefer to send this message back-channel only, but I am aware that
there are svp audience on britpo who are not on the svp mailing lists

On February 5th the Australian poet John Tranter is reading at svp.

I find Tranter a fascinating poet and want to know more. I would like to
give him the whole evening. However, I am worried about the size of audience
unless I put on someone local.

If I knew that we could comfortably fill the current room, I would leave
things as they are, asking John to do the whole evening - he's got the work!

Sometimes one is asked to subscribe financially to a book. This is a
different kind of request.

If, landslide or allied bombing raid permitting, you will be coming to hear
JT, could you let me know, back-channel within the next week or so. If
enough people say aye, we'll leave it at that and leave JT the length of
time he deserves