---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 13:30:28 -1000
From: Kate Stewart <[log in to unmask]>

HEAVEN AND HELL FOR WRITERS

A writer died and was given the option of going to heaven or hell. She
decided to check out each place first. As the writer descended into the
fiery pits, she saw row upon row of writers chained to their desks in a
steaming sweatshop. As they worked, they were repeatedly whipped with thorny
lashes.

"Oh my," said the writer. "Let me see heaven now."

A few moments later, as she ascended into heaven, she saw rows of writers,
chained to their desks in a steaming sweatshop. As they worked, they, too,
were whipped with thorny lashes.

"Wait a minute!," said the writer, "This is just as bad as hell."

"Oh no, it's not," replied an unseen voice. "Here, your work gets
published."

still, which is worse and which effects the work most?