We also experience a loss of a course recently. We were lucky in that the
tutor did not have much material up and was "happy" to rebuild it. However,
like many others, I had not realised until this point that you could not
restore a single course from the backup. It seems very time consuming to
have to build Bb on a separate machine just to recover one course. This
would be at least half a days work as far as I can see, and assumes you have
a spare machine to do this with.

Yes it would be helpful if there was a batch backup utility so you could get
a backup of all courses, even better if this could be automated to run by
itself every night. It is one of the many admin features I would like to see
added to Bb.

Carol