Discrimination against disabled students in the provision of education will
become unlawful in 2002, with institutions incurring additional
responsibilities in 2003 and 2005.

Read all about it! Software accessibility in education is now a matter of
law.For a review of the DDA and the duty placed on educational institutes

(that's us folks) try

http://www.atyrer.demon.co.uk/stammer/dda/ed_changes.htm

http://www.disabilitynet.co.uk/info/legislation/ddaguide/legislation.html

As you are probably all aware, BB 5.5 has been approved by the RNIB- royal
national institute for the blind and so therefore it is now acceptable for
institutions to use it to enable access for all. The downside is this. We
have all bought BB5 and are just about  getting to grips with it. Now BB5.5
is out which we as institutions HAVE to purchase eventually(if we are going
down the BB route) because of the disability discrimination laws. I am not
sure about the price of the upgrade, but I pretty sure that's its not
cheap.!!!If anyone knows could they please pass on?

Natasha Thomas BA(hons),MSc

Senior Curriculum Development Officer

The University of Salford

Faculty of Business and Informatics