First of all I would just like to say thanks to everyone who helped
organise the two events in Durham and Newcastle just remember the old
saying "you can please some of the people.........etc." The problem with
any event of this nature is that there are in reality 30 or so different
agendas scattered around the room. For myself I came to learn and I did -
so my broad objective was met. I also got the chance to see two cities
which I have never visited before and meet some very nice people!

Right - plaudits over !  As promised I have set up a blackboard course on
our system but before you can use it you will need to become users here and
like most of you I handle user registration seperately

We are not talking huge numbers here so I am prepared to do it manually
through e-mail requests - though if you can send me a txt or csv file (name
it with something unique or I will end up with 30 files
called "blackboard.txt!) with your details in the standard blackboard
format it would be much quicker for me (also this is the only way that you
will be able to get additional personal details in as we have blocked off
the editing of personal information)
However if you dont know how to do this all I really need is your
surname,first name, user id** and e-mail address)
**please use the following convention for user id    BUGsurnameinitials
ie your surname and initials preceded by BUG which is also the course code

Once you have a user name you can access our site by pointing to

http://blackboard.swan.ac.uk/

If you send me the e-mails by Monday morning I will make the user names
available from 5.00 pm Monday

So far I have put up two discussion groups - pedagogy plus admin/technical
also I have created one regional group page for wales.  What else gets done
will I presume come out of our deliberations. At the moment I have
eliminated most of the redundant course areas though I am quite happy to
host things other than the discussion board.

cheers for now
Clive