POSTGRADUATE ENGLISH

Postgraduate English (UK): A Journal and Forum for Postgraduates in
English in the UK and Europe.

Papers are invited for issue no. 5 of this new journal (March 2002)
for a deadline of 18 January 2002.

Postgraduates in English in the UK or in any European country are
welcome to submit papers concerning any aspect of English Studies of up
to 7,000 words.  Previous issues have included discussions of, among
others, Salman Rushdie, Shakespeare and the fiction of the First World
War, while issue 4 includes papers on J.G. Ballard and Frederick
Douglass.

All papers are refereed by members of our editorial board, and should
conform to MLA guidelines in presentation.  PAPERS SHOULD BE DESPATCHED
NO LATER THAN THE DEADLINE OF January 18 2002.

UPDATING FROM THE LAST ISSUE: we also invite contributions on the
experiences of postgraduates applying for jobs and/or research
fellowships as they near the end of their doctoral theses.  This will
add to our "Forum" section on postgraduate experience in the UK and
Europe, which already includes pieces of academic journalism on
teaching, publishing and other issues of interest to postgraduates.

All e-mails and postal correspondence should be addressed to Richard
Brewster (editor) at [log in to unmask] or:
Department of English Studies
University of Durham
Hallgarth House
77 Hallgarth Street
DURHAM
DH1 3AY
England

Issue no. 4 (September 2001) now available on
http://www.dur.ac.uk/~dng0zz5/journal1.htm

British Association for Romantic
Studies
To advertise Romantic literature conferences, publications, jobs, or
other events that the BARS members would be interested in, please
contact Sharon Ruston <[log in to unmask]> or Fiona Price

Also use these addresses to register any change in your e-mail address, or
to be removed from the list.

Messages are held in archives, along with other information about the
Mailbase at: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/bars.html