-----Original Message-----
From: p=NHS NATIONAL
INT;a=NHS;c=GB;dda:RFC-822=ASSISTECH(a)JISCMAIL.AC.UK;
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2001 2:08 PM
To: p=NHS NATIONAL
INT;a=NHS;c=GB;dda:RFC-822=ASSISTECH(a)JISCMAIL.AC.UK;
Subject: EMG Switching

Dear All,

Does anybody have some good ideas about reliable EMG sensing equipment used to create an on/off output, i.e. for switching. The device would need to easily set up by a non-technical person and as small as possible. Isolation of the patient electrically is of course paramount.

Devices we've tried in the past are listed below. We would now like to extend our possibilities.
ProComp from Though Technology, http://www.thoughttechnology.com
and Myo-electric from Aleph 1, http://www.aleph1.co.uk/bio/ds02.html

To give you some background we have various patients/clients with brain injuries such as Brain Stem Stroke that result in only eye movement or cheek movement and we want to use this movement functionally for as much communication independence as possible.

Thanks,

Neil Gregory
Clinical Engineer
Access to Communication and Technology
West Midlands Rehabilitation Centre, England
Tel. UK +44 (0)121-627 8235
Fax. UK +44 (0)121-627 8892

This e-mail contains proprietary information some or all of which may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print, or rely on this e-mail.