Hi Everyone,
(apologies for cross-posting)

I have sent in two acronyms to pharma-lexicon.com and received the following reply. It seem a jolly idea to make a list of the world's heath-related acronyms. What acronyms should the AT community be registering?

By all means contact http://www.pharma-Lexicon.com direct, but it might be sensible for us to have a little conversation first to decide what is truly universal (such as "AT") rather than local (such as "EAT" in the UK). I'll send on the distilled wisdom of AAATE if/when the contributions come in.

Alan

The acronyms you have sent us have been a great help. We are weak in your
area (we need more and we do not have the skills here to know which ones are
really real and relevant). We would be eternally grateful if you could ask
your colleagues and students to help us here. Are you a physiotherapist, Occ
Therapist? Someone told me there is a whole list of acronyms for
physiotherapy aids (hardware, sticks and gadgets etc).

Yours Sincerely

Christian Nordqvist
Co-Webmaster
http://www.pharma-Lexicon.com
83 Filsham Road, St. Leonards, E Sussex TN380PE, United Kingdom
Tel: +44 1424 434208 Fax: +44 1424 716516

Dr Alan R Turner-Smith, Reader in Rehabilitation Engineering
Centre of Rehabilitation Engineering
Dept Medical Engineering & Physics
King's College Hospital, Denmark Hill, LONDON, SE5 9RX
Tel: +44 (0)20 7346 1650              Fax: +44 (0)20 7346 1651