The New England chapter of ARLIS/NA is pleased to sponsor a satellite
meeting on August 16-17, 2001 in Boston & Cambridge, Massachusetts.  The
theme is:  "How do I find a picture of ...? : The Changing Nature of
Image Research".  An international roster of speakers will address the
challenges and questions that have developed as librarians and curators
of visual resources work with traditional and web-based image
collections.  The meeting is also an opportunity for the members of
ARLIS/NA to meet and welcome their international colleagues.  In
addition to our speakers we have arranged for an illustrated lecture on
Boston's architectural history, walking tours and a boat tour, and
wonderful receptions at the Ars Libri bookstore and Harvard's Fogg Art
Musuem.

The meeting website (http://www.library.yale.edu/arlis-ifla-2001/)
contains the full program listing, housing recommendations, and a
registration form.
NOTE:  Due to the high charges levied by U.S. banks to process foreign
checks, we are requesting that non-U.S. attendees send in their
registration forms WITHOUT including payment.  (The form on the back of
the IFLA Art Section Newsletter no.48 does not include this information,
and we apologize for the confusion.)  We will accept payment in cash at
the satellite meeting registration desk in Boston in August.

Many IFLA members will also be attending the IFLA conference that
follows this satellite meeting, and will therefore probably be taking
advantage of the hotel blocks offered by IFLA.  For those who will not
be staying in IFLA hotels we have included a listing of alternative
hotels.  We strongly suggest that hotel reservations be made as soon as
possible, as there is usually a shortage of rooms in Boston in August.

We look forward to welcoming you to Boston and to discussions that
enrich and inform our answers to the question we often hear:  "How do I
find a picture of ...?"

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Hugh Wilburn
(Chair, ARLIS/NA IFLA 2001 Task Force)
Librarian of the Frances Loeb Library
Harvard Design School