Dear Sarah,
I missed your original enquiry, so have replied here.
Sion Hill Library is the Art and Design library at Bath Spa University
College. Are we the only library in the country with books classified by
Broxis? Please note that our main site library at Newton Park has never used
Broxis, so I'm answering for Sion Hill only.

(1) DDC 20
(2) Broxis Classification Scheme. We still have a large number of books
classified by Broxis, although for many years all new books have been
classified by Dewey. We are slowly reclassifying but can only do this in the
summer breaks.
(2a) The library moved when Corsham School of Art became part of Bath
College of Higher Education, and merged with another library which used
Dewey. Also, it was decided that students were more familiar with Dewey. We
couldn't continue with 2 systems, so one was chosen.
(3) Broxis is tailor-made for art and design while Dewey is vague on
(especially) developing areas of computer graphics etc. Students are alarmed
by an alphabetical system, though, and find the faceting hard to follow
along the shelf.
(4) Yes. Dewey will be used but some of the stock will still appear as
Broxis until we get round to reclassifying.

Helen Rayner
Campus Librarian
Sion Hill Library
Bath Spa University College