I have just returned from leave to note the discussion about pre course work
experience.

On behalf of the Society of Archivists I maintain a list of placements, paid
and voluntary, available to graduates seeking work experience prior to the
archive / records management MA/diploma courses. This has been available for
a number of years and has proved to be very successful. It is announced via
the SoA website, SoA Careers Officer and the relevant universities.

If you would like to receive this list please contact me providing a full
postal contact address.

Also if your organisation is offering a regular placement opportunity please
let me know and I can add a short description of the position to the list,
whether paid or voluntary.
Thank you

Susan Bradshaw
SoA Training Officer