Dear All,

Please could you help me with my BSc reasearch.  I am doing a disertation on
"Archive cataloguing and the use of Information Technology"  My ultimate Aim
being to train as an archivist.  Please respond offlist to me at
[log in to unmask]  The questionaire is on the email below and not sent
as an attachment so that more of you are able to see it.  I will put the
results on the list if you want.

Thank you

Caroline McIntosh

Questionnaire

For the purpose of this questionnaire the term catalogue does not include
the information contained in each item.

Please type in your reply next to the word "Answer"  Choosing only one item
each time.

1.      Does your organisation's archives have a paper based catalogue?
Yes
No

        Answer
                                                        _ _

2.      Does your organisation's archives have a computer based catalogue?
Yes
No

        Answer
                                                        _ _

3.      Can members of the public access your catalogue whether computer or
paper based?
Yes
No

        Answer
                                                        _ _

If you do not have a computer catalogue system there are no further
questions to answer.

4.      Can members of the public access your catalogue via the internet
whether via a passworded system or not?
Yes
No

        Answer
                                                        _ _

5.      What is the computer package you use called?

Please type in package name
Or Don't Know

        Answer
                                                        _ _

6.      Does the package you use store the information as Web Pages?
Yes
No
Don't Know

        Answer
                                                        _ _

7.      What finding aid does your catalogue system use? (A finding aid
being the programme used to search the catalogue.)
One that came with the package-type "came with package"
Please type in finding aid name
Or type Don't Know

        Answer
                                                        _ _