From: jenny moran [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 16 September 2001 20:39
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Filling Posts

Since we're currently advertising for assistants, I thought I'd post. I
think
we at Nottinghamshire CC are not alone in advertising locally and on the CCs
website where possible. We have to put forward a case for putting an ad in a
national or other publication, largely saying that we can't fill the vacancy
locally. For a scale 2/3 post, this would certainly be called into question!
Very few offices seem to advertise in the SoA newsletter for
para-professional
posts.
At a meeting called by Re:source last year we discussed the lack of
archivists
from ethnic communities in the profession and suggested that setting up a
contact list of professional archivists who were willing to give help and
advice to people thinking of joining the profession. Perhaps offices
with vacancies could also post to the list. Possible addition to the
website?

Jenny Moran
Notts Archives

Important: This e-mail and its attachments are intended for the
above-named only and may be confidential.  If they have come
to you in error you must take no action based on them, nor must
you copy or show them to anyone;  please e-mail us immediately
at [log in to unmask]

Security Warning: Although this e-mail and its attachments have
been screened and are believed to be free from any virus, it is
the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that they are virus free.
The Authority will not accept liability for any damage caused by a virus.