Folks,

Despite the language-abusing ministerial statements ("The outbreak
has not reached epidemic proportions" -- of course it's an epidemic,
and would have been even if it had fizzled out in a week), one must
believe (or at least sincerely hope) that epidemiologists have been
furiously calculating predictioons for the Ministry.

Though, of course, we haven't heard anything about that sort of thing.

Alternatively, one could try some do-it-yourself if one had some data:
little things like dates and places of individual sites where the
disease had been notified.

But we don't seem to have anything very specific about that either.

So, folks, question: Do any of you know anything the rest of us
don't about this, which you are in a position to pass on?

I will happily summarise anything helpful to the list.

Best wishes to all,
Ted.

[ As people used to say when I was a kid, during and after the war:
  "If we had some bacon,
   we could have some eggs and bacon,
   if we had some eggs" ]

E-Mail: (Ted Harding) <[log in to unmask]>
Fax-to-email: +44 (0)870 284 7749
Date: 11-Mar-01                                       Time: 10:22:32