I am assisting my colleague Dr Chew of the Ministry of Health in Singapore
in advertising two posts currently available there. You may reply to me, or
alternatively, to Dr Chew who is at the following address:
[log in to unmask] You may also write directly to the address given
below.

Sorry for any cross-postings

=======================================

Ministry of Health, Singapore

MOH prides itself as a leading government organisation that aims to promote
good health and reduce illness.  We are seeking dynamic, innovative and
versatile individuals, to join the Ministry of Health in the following
areas.  Harvest the fruits of success with us.

(A)     Biostatistician

Your job involves the analysis and interpretation of data from surveillance
and surveys.  You are also required to assist in evaluating the
effectiveness of control programmes, interpreting trends, and making
projections of future trends and levels of disease.  This would require you
to:

I. Design, manage, analyse and interpret epidemiological and public health
studies
II. Develop statistical methods and models for the estimation and
projection of non-communicable and communicable diseases
III. Contribute analytical expertise to the development of research
protocols, questionnaires and other data collection instruments

Applicants should have at least an honours degree or post graduate
qualification in statistics, preferably medical statistics, and at least 2
years of working experience in health research.  Knowledge in using
statistical packages e.g. SAS or SPSS is required.

(B)     Epidemiologist

Your responsibilities include formulation of policies and design and
evaluation of national non-communicable and communicable disease control
programmes and epidemiological activities.  This includes health surveys,
public health surveillance, epidemiological investigations and other
scientific studies, and epidemiological support to internal and external
programmes.

Requirements

Applicants should possess a recognised Master's degree in Public Health or
Epidemiology from a leading institution and have relevant experience in
surveillance, health surveys, and/or conducting evaluative, scientific, and
epidemiological studies. Familiarity with PC based applications e.g. SPSS,
and Epi Info would be an asset.

Starting salaries will be commensurate with qualifications and relevant
experience.  Benefits include 21 days' leave, loans and subsidised medical
and dental benefits.

Please write in with a detailed resume (including photocopies of your
secondary school results, tertiary education results and testimonials) and
a recent photograph to:

Senior Manager, Personnel Development & Management
Ministry of Health, 16 College Road
Singapore 169854

(We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.)

Dr Jorgen Seldrup
Director, CTERU
Ministry of Health
10 College Road