Dear Stewart

The policy at the Royal Academy of Music is to reimburse Visiting
Examiners' train fares at Standard Class rates and any air fares at
Ecomomy Class rates. We also have a discount rate agreement
with a chain of local hotels at which we accomodate Visiting
Examiners if our own accommodation is fully booked up and have
found this a very useful arrangement - so long as the hotels are
inspected every once in a while. This has the advantage of us not
having to set a limit on the expenses examiners may incur on
accommodation, and we are billed directly which the examiners
appreciate. We also have a mileage rate for examiners using thir
own cars to travel to us, but as you can imagine our metropolitan
location and the ease of public transport to central London from all
parts of the country has resulted in our hardly ever having received
a significant claim. We also reimburse taxi fares and postal
expenses.

For audit reasons we insist on full receipts being supplied to
support all but the most incidental expenses.

I hope this information is of help to you and I wish you success in
your review.

Yours sincerely

Simon Hobson

Academic Secretary