At 13:36 06/03/01 +0000, you wrote:
>Dear All,
>
>At Loughborough University, we are looking at updating our Code of Practice
>on the format of examination papers. To help identify up to date best
>practice, I would be grateful, if you could complete the following short
>questionnaire and return direct to me ([log in to unmask]). I will
>then provide a summary for the group:
>
>1. Do you have a title page with no visible questions?
Often, but not always.

>2. Do you have a standard rubric style?
No published policy on this, but style is pretty standard anyway.

>3. What numbering style do you use?
>No sections, straightforward consecutive numbering starting at 1. - A
>Paper split into sections but with consecutive numbering running
throughout. - B
>Paper split into sections with the first question of each section numbered
1. - C
>Other (please specify)
Either A or C depending on the paper

>4. What standard font & font size do you use?
Nothing specified but most are in Times/TNR 12 point.

>5. What colour paper and print do you use?
Black on white except where students may not take the paper away from the
exam room, then black on green.

>6. What size paper do you use?
>A4 flat
>A4 folded to A5
>A5 flat
>Other (please specify)

A4 flat

>7. Any other comments
Will welcome the summary.
Sorry about the delay in responding, I've been away for 2 weeks.

Jenny Beaumont
Assistant Registrar, Academic Standards and Support
University of Bradford
Richmond Road
Bradford
West Yorkshire, UK